The Christmas festive period can be stressful in every aspect. Learn these simple tips how to put your overall health and your digestive problems on ease.
- Try to control and balance your diet with healthy meals rich in antioxidants, quality protein and healthy fats (olive oil, fish, flax seeds, nuts). Eat at least one healthy meal a day. Your body will be grateful!
- Don't overeat and try to minimise foods high in sugar, dairy, gluten and trans fats.
- To aid digestion after a heavy meal, go for a walk. You can take supplements with digestive enzymes that would help you to break down protein, carbohydrates and fats and relieve some unpleasant digestive issues.
- Try to include green vegetables and herbs (parsley, coriander) with your meal to help you to detoxify your organism. Cruciferous vegetables are also great for detoxifying (broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower).
- Eat before you go out and don't drink on an empty stomach.
- Don't forget to drink water, especially when you drink alcohol as alcohol dehydrates.
- Get enough of sleep (7-8 hours per night if possible).
- And most importantly - relax and enjoy your holidays!